The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2023/2024 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt and Venezuela;
Postgraduate (PG) studies
tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online.
Print the completed Application Form.
Fields Of Study
Below are the available slots in both undergraduate and postgraduate.
Medicine (very limited and competitive)
Masters Degree and PhD in all fields.
Here are the eligibility that all candidates must posses Before been considered for the scholarship program.
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2022) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- keio University GIGA: Scholarships for International Students
- Ahmadu Bello university (ABU) Zaria: A Rather Detailed Guide.
- A Guide to Studying at Federal College of Education Zaria.
- Standard Bank Chairman’s Scholarship.
- ABU Zaria Requirements, DE Forms And Screening (2022)
All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
All applicants must have completed:
- N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
General Note For All Applicants
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction.
All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened Middle November to close 16th January, 2023.
- All applicants for Russia should visit the website http://education-in-russia.com which will open in November.
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia.
- All Applicants are to upload the following certificates online;
- 1st Degree Certificate
- Masters Degree
- Indigine letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates.
- Data page of the current International passport.
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter.
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Official Phone Numbers/e-mail
The deadline and closure of all application is due on 6th January 2023.
Any Information Given By An Applicant Contrary To The Above Criteria Will Result To Disqualification At Any Stage Of Application.
Please Note That This Particular Application Does Not Attract Any Processing Fee. Therefore, Beware Of Fraudsters.