Do you dream to become a future leader and a mentor to the future of the young ones and those that look up to you. Then the standard bank chairman scholarship is for you. This scholarship plays a big role in shaping the future of our continent Africa as the scholarship provides exceptional grants in building a future for Africa led by Africans.
How It Works
Standard Bank Chairman’s Scholarship offers nine scholarships, which are awarded annually. To be considered for the scholarship, you must first apply for your:
Masters at the University of Cambridge, LSE, or the University of Oxford through their online process and indicate that you require funding.
Once you have been accepted for your Master, you’ll then go through the scholarship section process. If you’re eligible for the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship, you’ll be considered.
Who Can Qualify
The Chairman’s Scholarship is available to students who demonstrate exceptional academic merit, and a passion towards developing Africa.
To apply, you must the following criteria:
Be a graduate student who lives in and is a national of one of Standard Bank’s African operating countries
Demonstrate an exceptional academic track record.
Have successfully qualified on your own merit in your application for a one-year Master’s programme at either the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge or the LSE
Be intellectually outstanding, and entrepreneurial and demonstrate a natural capacity for business and leadership across disciplines relevant to growing and sustaining Africa.
Our scholarships apply to students studying in the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge or the LSE. The Chairman’s Scholarship covers a one-year Master’s course in the Social Sciences, Humanities or Mathematical or Physical or Life Sciences, at the University of Cambridge, LSE or Oxford University in the United Kingdom. Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) and Master’s in Public Policy (MPP) are excluded.
Preference will be given to students starting a course in any of the following:
- ABU Diploma Programs and Entry Requirements 2022/2023
- Keio University GIGA: Scholarships for International Students
- Complete List Of Postgraduate Courses/Programmes Offered In ABU Zaria And Admission Requirements
- List Of Some ABU Zaria Notable Alumni
- Kaduna Polytechnic: Courses, News, Cut-Off Mark, Post UTME, and More
University of Oxford
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Education (Digital and Social Change)
- MSc Energy Systems
- MSc Environmental Change and Management
- MSc Financial Economics
- MSc Mathematical and Computational Finance
- MSc Sustainable Urban Development
London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Behavioural Science
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Local Economic Development
- MSc Urbanisation and Development
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Health Policy, Planning and Financing
University of Cambridge
- MPhil in Economics
- MPhil in Education
- MPhil in Engineering for Sustainable Development
- MPhil in Finance
- MPhil in Management
- MPhil in Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence
- MPhil African Studies
- MPhil Development Studies
- MPhil Sociology (Political & Economic)
- MPhil Technology Policy
How To Apply
It’s important to note that you’ll be required to apply for your Masters and indicate you require funding. There is no separate application form for the Chairman’s Scholarship. Application dates vary for each institution. Please refer to your university of choice for application dates.
Applications should be channeled directly through each University website, as follows:
- University of Oxford applications.
- London School of Economics and Political Science applications.
- University of Cambridge applications.
If you’re applying for Cambridge, it’s important that you list Magdalene College as your first preference in order to be considered for the Scholarship.
You can contact the application offices of the above universities directly for help in completing the required documentation. All the forms and contact details you need can be found on their respective websites.